Join our gastronomical journey to new places with foodie favorites! A great way of getting to know new cultures when traveling is through food!
- With foodie favorites, you will find inspiration lists for different regions with our recommendations of places to eat and foods to try in for example: Scandinavia, Southern Europe, Eastern Europe or Southeast Asia!
Try new things
If you are a foodie fanatic that loves to try new things, this will be perfect for you! A great part of visiting new places it trying new kinds of food. It enables you to try authentic food local to the region you are in.
- In addition to this, you may be able to try new types of food that have not made it to where you live yet.
Food is a great way to learn new things about a culture. It can provide insight in the history of the country as well as learning more about the people and their ways of cooking!
A few examples of this are:
- Street food in Thailand – it is normal to eat numerous smaller meals a day, and wherever you find a market you will be sure to find a bunch of food options too!
- Indian Cuisine – a true indication of the rich history and social landscape that India has gone through can actually be found in their food!
- Chinese food – when cooking the Chinese are less concerned with nutritional aspects and think more about texture, flavor, color, and aroma of the food.
If you’re interested in reading more about food as a pathway into new cultures take a look here!
Don't miss out
One of the worst feelings we know is finding a restaurant you want to try after you’ve left the destination. With foodie favorites, we want to prepare you for your trip, so that you have planned out the essential meals before visiting a place.
- Recommendations will be based on personal experiences and research, to share our knowledge on gastronomical experiences that shouldn’t be missed!